Don’t worry mes amis. At 5:25 pm EST today I will board a westbound flight and the coach will turn back into a pumpkin – I will be back to my grouchy, Texas-hatin’ self. Have no doubt, the seeds of a rant are already germinating.
But for now, here is a brief, far-from-comprehensive list of things that put a big grin on my face while I cleaned up after my Effing Tenants, did job-related paperwork, and slept on a futon mattress on the floor:
- Sir Pizza. Twice.
- Western PA accents – I just love them. Completely unique, omnipresent – sounds like every next-door neighbor you’ve ever had.
- The fact that the Grandview Saloon opened their deck for us to eat on last night, even though the posted countdown stated, “43 days until deck open.”
- That little tiny bit of snow.
- The Pens winning. And winning. And winning.
- Ice cream from an outdoor window when the temperature was 12 degrees.
- People driving like I drive. No one ever yields the right-of-way in Texas.
- Pittsburgh traffic reports on the radio.
- Old friends.
- Other people smiling.
Thanks for being the same as when I left. See you soon.