Ha ha! I needed a gimmicky name for those posts where I have a bunch of stuff to touch on but none of it merits a whole essay.
1. OMG are you kidding me?? The city is officially renamed Sixburgh?? Who on the city council was brave enough to speak up and say, “Hey, this was such a good idea that Mayor Whateverstahl came up with, let’s do it for the whole city!” People, this is why the Steeler Nation sometimes gets laughed at. We go right up to the edge where it goes from “Woo hoo, we love our team so much!” to “SERIOUSLY???”, then jump right on over.
2. There is a sign hanging on the mixed-use condo/retail complex being built on the site of the old Concordia University that proclaims something like, “This structure being built by DRUG-FREE IronWorkers!”
I nearly spit my skinny cinnamon dolce latte out of my nose. This is what we’re worried about in Austin? That our ironworkers are on drugs? How about that we tore down a university to make condos?
I’ve been trying to take a picture of this sign, but it’s only visible from the interstate and traffic for some reason has been running freakishly smoothly.
3. Oh, The Santonio. Please stop getting noticed by anyone for anything. You know, except that Super Bowl MVP stuff. It’s pretty bad when folks can write retrospectives of every dumbass thing you’ve ever done. At least, the ones we know about so far.
4. Nine days until pitchers and catchers report. I wonder if we even have any pitchers this year. I’ll research.
5. Mr. TR and I have our tickets for a trip home next month to clean our recently vacated house. Despite the fact that I’m already having panic attacks about the state we’ll find the house in, Woo Hoo!